Thursday, July 17, 2008

Foreward

Despite my love-hate (mostly hate) relationship with technology and all things digital, I've been inspired to start a recipe blog. The title says it all: "I Dream of Recipes." Literally. I'll be sleeping, enjoying a romantic subconscious date with Hugh Dancy, and all of a sudden, we'll be eating Turkey Enchilada Casserole, or Stuffed French Toast topped with Caramelized Pears. I wake up; Hugh Dancy is sadly gone, but the memory of the amazing culinary creation hangs in my mind. I have to create it, much to the delight, dismay, or mere entertainment of those around me.
My plan for this blog is to post some of these recipes for you readers to try, and maybe you'll be inspired to dream up your own fabulous desserts. Most of these recipes aren't super complex; quite often they fall under the category of "semi-homemade." I also want to post lessons I've learned in the kitchen, stories of projects that ended in complete disaster, and also some of the crazy stories that surround these recipes (stay tuned for Thanksgiving 2007, it's a doozy). Well, until the first post, sweet dreams!

No comments: