Monday, December 29, 2008

Turkey Enchilada Casserole

I made this the first time after Thanksgiving 2007, and the second time after Christmas 2008. The second time I was floored, not because it turned out well (it did), but because my sister, who hates nearly everything, liked it. It's a great use for leftover turkey from large turkey dinners, but if you feel inclined to make this any other time during the year, chicken will probably work well. Serves 6-8.

8-8" Flour tortillas
3 c. Cooked turkey, shredded
1 c. White rice, uncooked (2 cups, cooked)
1-12 oz can Black Beans
1-12 oz can Diced tomatoes w/Green Chiles
1-12 oz can Corn
1-10.5 oz can Cheddar Cheese condensed soup
Green onions, chopped and divided
Cilantro to taste
Shredded Cheddar or Jack cheese
1-10.5 oz can Enchilada sauce

Cook the rice and set aside. In a large pan, combine the beans, tomatoes, corn, and turkey. Once that mixture is heated, add the soup, rice, green onions, and cilantro. Scoop the mixture into the tortillas, roll them, and place them in a 9 by 13 glass pan. Top with the enchilada sauce and cheese and garnish with the rest of the green onions. Bake at 350 until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is melted. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anna White said...

So I saw that you had a blog and came to check it out. I might have to try some of these. I didn't realize you were in Boston now either...how cool! I am so not informed... :)

P.S. I am in a contest that ends tomorrow and am super close to a prize...everyone go vote!
The EZ desk Giveaway